The Bob Cole Conservatory of Music and The Romance, German, Russian Languages and Literatures Department at California State University, Long Beach, with the sponsorship of the Consulate General and Promotion Center of the Argentine Republic are pleased to announce the International Symposium on the Fiction of Julio Cortázar to be held on Friday, March 21, 2014. At this symposium we will honor the centenary of the birth of the Argentinean author. Cortázar, like many authors of the period, was greatly influenced by the correspondence among the arts.
We invite 500-word proposals in Spanish or in English. Abstracts on the following topics are particularly welcomed:
- Cortázar and music
- Time and sound in Cortázar’s narrative
- Jazz as character and theme in Cortázar’s fictions
- Artistic correspondences in Cortázar’s works
- Musical imagery in Cortázar’s stories
- Memory and musical images
- A life in words
- “El perseguidor” and Charlie Parker
- Jazz, dance and love in Hopscotch
Papers may be presented in English or Spanish, but can’t be read in absentia. The title and 500-word abstract should be submited by Monday, December 2nd, 2013.
Lugar: Long Beach, California, Estados Unidos
Fecha: 21 de marzo de 2014
Más información a través de este enlace.