This conference will be the first international symposium focused on the Spanish cinematic soundscape, and will concentrate on popular music and the voice. The deadline for proposals is December 31, 2013.
The submission of papers related, but not limited, to the following broad themes:
- The musical film: history of the genre, early Francoism folkloric film, contemporary manifestations, and nostalgic revivals.
- Dubbing and voices: censorship, phonogenics, dubbed foreign films reception and the effects of dubbing on the vocal work of Spanish actors.
- Construction and negotiation of national, racial, and ethnic identities through the soundtrack.
- Popular songs and iconic singers, historical memory, desmemoria, popular memory, and personal memoirs.
- La Movida and the democratic Transition: punk, bricolage, political folksingers.
- Campy and ironical appropriations of songs, genres, and iconography.
- Particular music and musical theater genres: copla (canción española), flamenco, rumba, bolero, etc.
- Basque, Catalan, and Galician music and the performance of non-Spanish national identities.
- Transnational relationships with Latin America via popular songs and artists.
- Issues of gender and sexual difference.
Lugar: The CUNY Graduate Center, New York.
Fechas: 4 de abril de 2014.
Más información a través de este enlace.